Wednesday, August 30, 2006

With this ring...

Since it’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow and I’m feeling a little guilty about my last post, here’s something a little sentimental...

One day while on our vacation (well, er…trip) to GNP, the three of us got away and drove to the East side of the Park for lunch and pie. I waited at our table while D took Ry for a stroll on the porch. I sat there watching them, reflecting on all the changes that had taken place in our lives since the last time we were in the same place a couple of years prior. As many times as I’ve thought about running away from my life in the past year, there was enough quiet joy in that moment to make up for those. Watching the two of them together, reminded me of all the reasons why I married this man and how much I’m looking forward to returning to this place year after year with my family.

My musings didn’t go unnoticed. When I went up to the register to pay, a waitress--not our waitress, but another--said to me, “I really enjoyed watching you watch your husband with your son. You had so much love in your eyes.” I was really taken aback that she not only noticed, but also said something to me about it. It's sad how a stranger had to remind me how much I really do love my little family. With how fast our lives are back in Silicon Valley, those quiet and reflective moments are few and far between.

1 comment:

Multicultural Arts Leadership Initiative said...

Aaah! so sweet!
Happy Anniversary!