Sunday, July 02, 2006

WANTED: Crystal Ball in Good Condition

Took D to 1666 yesterday. SEATTLE SUN says to buy letters to spell out the address. Would that be "One Thousand Six Hundred Sixty Six" or "Sixteen Sixty Six?" Regardless, there's a lot of "s"'s in there, actually kind of sexy now that I think about it.

Back to D's reaction to the house: I couldn't even get him to stay inside long enough to check out the third bedroom. But...the next-door neighbor was kind enough to let us look at her newly remodeled house, which has the same footprint. Thank god for our sassy realtor bold enough to ask. Impressed with the work she's done, D's starting to buy into My Grand Vision. One sticky thing is that it's not in a good school district. It's not a deal breaker for me because it's in an area that has historically appreciated well. I think schools will be a bigger deal 4-5 years down the road when Ry's of school age. By then, though, I'm thinking we might be ready to move again and can afford a nicer area anyway. It’s definitely something that should be seriously considered, though. Anyone with experience on this? Advice? Crystal Ball? Divine guidance?

BTW, so glad for JMUM's post. Talked to SEATTLE SUN tonight and she's planning a post I’ve been looking forward to, so stay tuned. Apologies are in order, I didn't mean to upset anyone, but it looks like my "blog bait" worked:)

1 comment:

Multicultural Arts Leadership Initiative said...

I think you should go for it - but assess whether you are acutally at fixer-upper kinda person. After living with ugly formica for the apast 5 years, I've come to the realization that we jsut were not. Having kids makes it all the much harder I think to power up and fix things, when all you want is a good night sleep and clean clothes - but then again we were pretty much slackers. Good Luck!