Thursday, July 27, 2006

A new 'tude to go with the new "do"

Ry had his first hair cut this week. It’s almost like he knows he’s cuter. He’s hamming it up more than ever. And while he’s hamming it up, I’m feeling like such a looser that I didn't even bring a camera to document the momentous occasion. I'll have to rely on my mental image of him wearing the cartooned cape, driving the racecar-chair, sucking on a pink hair clip.

Which reminds me.... WHY DO PEOPLE HAND BABIES THINGS AND THEN TELL THEM NOT TO PUT THEM IN THEIR MOUTH? Just as Ry was starting to get ancy, the hairdresser hands him this big hair clip to distract him but when he starts sucking on it, she's like "no, no, no." So aggravating. My motto is if you don't want it in his mouth, don't give it to him. But this is a digression…

So, I'm cameraless at one of Ry's big moments. And this is not the first time. Here's the problem: D has the fancy camera. D has such a fancy camera you need a wagon to pull it around. He's the family documenter. Which means two things: 1) We have way to many photos of me, mostly unflattering, and 2) Whenever I go somewhere without D there's no record of it. These photos were, in fact, taken by D upon his arrival home from work and noticing Ry's hair cut. I guess I'm just going to have to get myself some little super-mini digital that I can throw in my purse so I won't miss anymore big moments. If any of you can recommend such a gadget, please do so. For now, AND FOREVER I'm just going to have to rely on the fond memory and certificate and lock of hair courtesy of Kinder Kuts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to DIE of cuteness!!
He definitely knows that he has a new 'do, and is being more charming than ever.

blueyedtracy said...

Such a cutie! We have a camera that you can just throw in your purse - A Cannon small digital. What we are now looking for is one like your husband's - with the necessary wagon and all. We actually went out and priced a few . . .what kind do you guys have?

Seattle Sun said...

I have some photos of Jeeper getting his first haircut with the same type of cartoon cape and automobile shaped seats... you could "borrow" one of the back of his head for Ry's baby book! They are both blondies - no one will know! hee hee hee